Formal occasions are never easy, especially when it comes to the dress, and of course, one’s hairstyle should be in keeping with protocol, and for many women, this means a change from the wild look that we like so much. If you are soon to be attending a Gala dinner or other equally formal event, here are some hairstyle Ideas to ensure your look is stunningly suitable.
Today I’m going to give you some tips and I’m sure they will make much easier (and faster) choosing the right hairstyle to wear, which has always been a nightmare for me because I always feel that my hairstyle is not suitable with what I’m wearing of the kind of event. So, I hope after today’s blog post you will learn something useful like I did.
- Choose the Dress First – Whatever you do, resist the temptation to look at hairstyles until you have made your dress selection, and once that is out of the way, the path is clear to begin looking at possible hair creations. If you are looking for a wide range of choices, online suppliers have an array of one-of-a-kind 2018 prom dresses, and with all sizes available, there’s bound to be something just perfect for that special occasion. I’m always looking for inspiration (outfits, hairstyles, makeup looks), but to choose what you’re going to wear first is really important.
- Look for a Balance – If you select a dress with an intricate design, then your hair should be simple, or a complex style is preferred with a simple, one-piece outfit. This gives you a balanced look, and you should, of course, consult with your hair stylist regarding the overall look, and with her blessing, you can be sure that heads will turn. We don’t want to look extremely extra or too simple, so balance is a must. But really, always tell your hairdresser what you’re going to wear and he/she will recommend you what to do with your hair.
- Complementing the Overall Look – When you are attending a formal function, your hair is not the main feature. Rather, it should complement the overall look that you are trying to create. Many women opt for an updo, especially if they are sporting lengthy hair, and of course, this style goes well with any formal evening gown. If you have never attended a formal dinner and would like to brush up on the do’s and don’ts, check various references for a guide to formal dinner etiquette.
- Bouncy Styles – If you are wearing something traditional that is body-fitting, then a bouncy, curly look is always a good combination. One way to ensure you make the right choice is to wear the outfit and take some selfies, which you can show to your hair stylist. She will be able to see how the dress works for you and from this, it is easy to compare various hairstyles, before finally making a choice. As I said, hairstylist’s opinion is crucial. I always tell mine what I’m going to wear and he definitely is the best telling me which hairstyle is going to work best.
- The Straight Hair Look – If you are lucky enough to be endowed with long, straight hair, this is the ideal basis for a formal gown style, and with a smart cut and some conditioning, the flowing shiny look perfectly combines with the long curves of a tight fitting ball gown. There is also affordable keratin hair straightening treatments, which work well of your hair has a little wave or fuzz, and make sure the treatment is applied a few days prior to the big day, which will give it time to settle. This is probably one of my favorite hairstyles, it looks so sleek and polished.
Whatever outfit you select, this will be the basis for the look you are trying to create and armed with that knowledge, you and your stylist can make the right hair choices to enhance your look. The Internet and Instagram are always a great source of inspiration, and by a search for formal hairstyles, you will have many fine examples to consider.
Has this post been useful for you? Which is your go-to hairstyle? Definitely tell me so in the comments down below and I’ll be glad to read!
Love and lipstick ❤